Sunday, January 1, 2012

1/366 - Drive Slow

Close friends of mine are telling me to "slow down" and not take on too many projects. It's probably a good idea given my financial situation. Wait... I think I want to introduce myself in this first post, we'll get back to driving slow.

Hi. I'm Casey.


So... I've operated online as miltownkid for... a long time. 5 years on YouTube and maybe 10 in total on various forums and websites. Who is Casey (Abbott Payne)? Good question. There's a decent description of "me" on the About Page of the miltownkid.com website, but lets get more raw and go deeper. That about me is designed to create the "individual" I want to be, not to describe who I was.

I think something that is key for Casey is being biracial and being around both environments enough to understand them with some fluency. I was raised by my White mother (in the "hood") and had frequent visits with dad.

Hmmm... Not sure where I want to go with all of that right now. I'll wait until I start getting comments to... "stay focused." Lets go back to driving slow, what I did today and my goals.

Drive Slow


So my friends are telling me to "slow down." A large part of me thinks I need to connect with some people that move at a faster pace but... for now even I think moving slow is a good idea. I posted Kanye's "Drive Slow" video as a theme for slowing down:


I was happy that my tai chi teacher countered with this video titling it KC - Coming up (instead of AZ):


That made me feel good. I feel like a lot of things I've been dreaming about for a long time are becoming a reality. I'll get into those more in the future.

What I Did Today


What did I do today... Oh! Bedroom is at 100% organization and cleanliness. That's pretty fucking boss. Going to keep this way too (calling it Samurai Mode). Watched a little bit of a kung fu flick, watched a little "Training Day." Eventually got a message from a friend's niece who is 9 asking if I would come over! Crazy that a 9 year old can rock Facebook like that. As "sharp" as I am, this next generation is going to be sharper! I better stick to being a master of Tai Chi, there aren't shortcuts with that. :)

Started working on this blog post afterwards.

Goals


This is probably going to be the most important feature of this blog. Daily (or so) goals. Here they are Pwning Life style.

I am in a committed relationship with a woman who is supportive of my style of life.
I save $1,000/month.
I teach tai chi once a week.
I have made one of my projects profitable.
I make $2,500/month after taxes and other fees.
I have a Black Ford Fiesta.
The MilTownKlan has 36 dedicated members.
I maintain my samurai existence.
I maintain an empty mind.
I maintain stability and clarity of mind (aka no problems with my "bipolar"/OCD situation.)

Alright, that wraps of this first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment